The Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics at UC Davis and Wells Fargo Bank are proud to announce the 2019 offering of the California Agribusiness Executive Seminar (CAES) on
March 10 – 12, 2019 at Balboa Bay Resort in Newport Beach, CA.
This year our seminar will feature six outstanding case studies and two exciting guest speakers.
- Direct to Consumer Marketing: B Cellars, Charles Krug, and Baldacci Family Vineyards
- Farm Fresh to You: Challenges with Growth and Expansion
- Origin Green: Branding a Country
- Raley's: Responding to the New Food Consumer
- Taylor Farms: A Study of Resource Allocation
- Urban Organics: Changing the Game with Sustainable, Local, and Fresh Greens
Please see our case study page for more information about the cases and the participating case executives.
During this year's program, we are also featuring two incredible guest speakers: Richie Etwaru, Founder and CEO, Hu-manity.co and
Pam Ronald, Distinguished Professor of Plant Pathology, UC Davis. Please see our guest speakers page for more information.
The CAES brings together top executives and leaders from the agribusiness community to discuss strategic issues and challenges facing their businesses through analysis of contemporary case studies. The interactive case-study format patterned after the iconic Harvard Agribusiness Seminar allows participants to exchange ideas and enhance strategic thinking by focusing on challenges and opportunities faced by peer companies.
Invitations to apply will be emailed in the fall. Please email Julie McNamara if you would like to apply.
Faculty Director, CAES